Do you have a knack for marketing and a passion for film and historic buildings?
Working for the Hollywood Theatre in Portland, Oregon is much more than a job, it’s the pursuit of preserving history… and creating it. It’s a quest for restoring a historic movie palace while at the same time reinventing the “modern” movie theater as an artist-driven community center and cultural hub. It’s creating the next great thing in film exhibition, be it a participatory experience such as B-Movie Bingo or chasing down that elusive 35mm print of a lost classic. Our efforts expand outside the walls of the historic building and are amplified community-wide via youth education initiatives and offsite events.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategies to market the nonprofit historic Hollywood Theatre in Portland, Ore. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager designs and implements marketing strategies to increase membership and ticket sales as well as brand awareness throughout Portland and the U.S.
A member of the Hollywood Theatre Management Team, this role provides strategy aimed at long-term organizational success, ensuring that the organization’s resources are invested at their highest and best use.
The Hollywood Theatre Marketing Manager will create and implement an annual marketing plan within the context of Hollywood Theatre’s mission and strategic objectives. This work includes but is not limited to the following areas of focus:
o Advertising: Develop and manage local (and national) campaigns that convey the exceptional nature of the Hollywood Theatre experience/programs and differentiate Hollywood Theatre from its competitive set. Thinking outside of the box is encouraged.
o Audience Development: Create audience development strategies. Reach out to new groups and individuals to increase involvement in events and programs.
o Digital & Content: Guide and manage the organization’s online and content initiatives – website, e-communications, and social media — that support the organization’s strategic goals.
o Communications: Manage our proactive media strategy and coordinate messaging alignment with partners and media.
o Strategic Partnerships & Promotions: Develop and maintain marketing partnerships that align and enhance Hollywood Theatre’s brand.
o Insight & Planning: Oversee key analytics and research initiatives to provide marketing intelligence and insight which informs Hollywood Theatre’s strategies
o Graphic Design: Oversee the design and production of ads, posters and brochures. Graphic design and layout skills are desired.
• 2-3 years experience in marketing
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong commitment to the mission of the Hollywood Theatre and to the power of film as a profoundly enriching art form
• Knowledge of contemporary film and film history
• Thorough knowledge of print, broadcast and online mediums including social and mobile media channels.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, negotiate and conceive/create new ideas.
• Polished communicator with excellent presentation skills, and interpersonal skills. Skill in relationship building and networking with a diverse population of organizations, associations, and interest groups.
• Previous email marketing management and execution experience.
• Experience with Mac and PCs, Word, Google Apps, WordPress, and Adobe CS. Video editing software skills a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or better in a related field is a plus
This is a new full-time salaried position with the opportunity to grow professionally. The Hollywood Theatre offers an attractive benefit plan which includes, medical and dental insurance, paid time off and sick/personal leaves. (Not to mention free movies and popcorn!)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 14, 2016
About Hollywood Theatre
Hollywood Theatre is a not-for-profit, three-screen historic art house movie theatre (and more) in Portland, Ore. Its mission is to entertain, educate, inspire and connect the community through the art of film, while preserving a historic Portland landmark. For the last 19 years, it has earned a national reputation for its unique combination of award-winning film and event programming, cutting edge educational programs, and fiscal sponsorship services for local filmmakers. Each year, the Hollywood Theatre screens over 300 of the best films from all over the world, provides educational opportunities for over 2,000 young people at 10 sites across the state, and supports dozens of Oregon-based, independent film projects. For more information, please visit http://www.hollywoodtheatre.org