INFO HERE: http://wifpdx.org/grants/
Applications are currently being accepted for the Women’s Vision Scholarship. Please find guidelines and online application form below. All applications and attachments are due by 5:00 pm, Friday, May 15, 2015.
AWARD: $1,000 for student’s tuition
Applicants must be female, and currently a student at one of the following:
Lane Community College
Southern Oregon University
Portland Community College – Sylvania
Portland Community College – Cascade
George Fox University
Pacific Northwest College of Art Mt. Hood Community College
Oregon State University
University of Oregon
NW Film Center
Portland State University
Applicants must have taken one year or the equivalent of courses in the field of art, design,communication, media or technology related to the film/media industry. Priority is given to intermediate to advanced students who have goals to occupy one or more primary creative roles in the film field. Applicants must demonstrate that they are able to produce quality work while garnering the respect of peers. Applicants must reside in Oregon or SW Washington.
• An individual may only receive one scholarship per year. A scholarship may not be awarded to the same individual multiple times.
• All materials must be submitted online by 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday, May 15, 2015. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
• Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals.
• Funds are mailed directly to the recipeint’s school for tuition expenses and cannot be used for personal expenses, equipment purchases or coursework at another educational institution, nor can they be used to pay tuition that is past due or credited toward tuition already paid.
• Scholarship recipients must certify that the portfolio materials submitted with the application are their own original works and that the works do not violate copyright regulations or involve unauthorized use of copyrighted material.
• Discounted Student level membership ($15 instead of $25) to Women in Film – Portland offered to all applicants.
• Scholarship recipient will be announced on June 10, 2015.
To apply, please submit the following required materials. Submit only the items listed.
Complete the entire online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Provide online links for up to 3 work samples that you feel best reflect your work. Provide the name of one educator reference (optional up to three professional references) that is familiar with your work. Do not name friends, relatives or fellow students.
What themes or subjects are you using or planning on using film to explore and why are you interested in them? What have you learned so far, and where do you believe you are headed? Describe any obstacles that you have encountered and how you have tried to move past them. How will this particular scholarship help you go further? How do you meet the scholarship’s stated priorities?
Indicate your education and employment background (paid and volunteer, film and non-film) as well as specific skills, interests and recognition that you have received. Your filmography should list each film you have worked on (title, year of completion, running time, format), the production role you played (e.g. writer), a very brief description (e.g. “a documentary about the AIDS epidemic”) as well as any awards, honors or screenings it has received.